Saturday, January 15, 2005

Sick

I don't know if it's the sudden change of weather from cool to very hot, or insufficient rest, stress or my upcoming trip to Thailand, but really felt bad yesterday and still a little bit today. Decided to stay home yesterday, to rest and do a bit of my accounts before I leave on Friday for Thailand with Li Soon and Matthew. GST submission Jan 31st. So Li Soon took the car to work. Forgot that Matthew had swimming class in the afternoon at 3:30pm. So with no car, not feeling so well, I decided to call Li Soon to see if we can not go. She said OK and called the instructor.
Then time to tell Matthew. He was really upset and insisted on going.... what to do?
So finally succumbed to his persistent "I want to go to swimming class", and took him by taxi to Bedok Swimming Complex.
I knew there were going to be problems.... I left my sunglasses in the car which Li Soon drove, and it was a hot and very sunny day. I have this problem with bright sunlight because I am very sensitive to bright lights. I had to squint just to see and with the bright sun and intense reflections from the pool, it wasn't long before I developed double vision and a mild headache. Thankfully I took some Panadol before going. Well, Matthew enjoyed his swimming and had 4 fishballs and Sprite after swimming. Took a taxi back and once I reached home, it all came down. I felt dizzy, extremely tired, headache, and after dinner, had some chest pains too (I think it was heartburn or indigestion)
Went to bed at about 7pm but didn't manage to sleep alot.
My worried aunt sent for my parents even and they came over. It was nice of my dad to even give me a massage.. ;) hehe
Finally took two muscle relaxants and went to bed at 11pm.
Hopefully I'll get some more rest today before Em's concert tonight. Cancelled the Creative Arts meeting for this afternoon.
Going to sleep now.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

No comments: