Monday, December 27, 2004

Still

23,000 dead and counting. It's really sad. I wonder if my parent's previous maid and her family are alive? She's from Sri Lanka.
Just now, we had Lee Mee Onn and family come visit together with my parents and we decided to sing some hymns and worship songs. I was playing the piano and my dad and everyone else was happily singing away.
When it came to my turn to pick a song, for some reason I choose "Still"
As we started to sing, the words suddenly jumped out at us!! With all the floods and people dying, the lines say it all.

"When the oceans rise
And thunders roar
I will soar with You above the storm
Father, You are King over the flood
I will be still
Know You are God"

Hide me now
Under Your wings
Cover me
Within Your mighty hand

Find rest my soul
In Christ alone
Know His power
In quietness and trust

No comments: