Friday, December 10, 2004

Car accident

Boy, it's been a very long time since my last blog. =( So busy busy
Wish it was something more exciting to tell.
Well, met with a car accident yesterday. I was driving my aunt's car on the right lane, and this guy on my left decides to cut across my lane in front of me to turn into the road on my right. So I jammed on the brakes to avoid hitting him, which I managed to. I remember he even stared at me, as if I was the one in the wrong.
Unfortunately for me, the guy behind me then hit me.....
I was a little shocked, but no injuries, not physical damage on my self. I quickly wrote down on my palm (yes as in hand, not PDA) the number of the car that crossed in front of me. Still deciding if I should do anything about it. Thank God we were moving quite slowly.
Anyway, had to pull off to the side to exchange details with the guy that hit me. When we got out, he asked me to follow him to pick up his father.... I was like.... I hope he doesn't try to run off.
So I said, let's exchange business cards before that. Well I produced mine, but he said he didn't have his. I was .... ok.....
"Nevermind, write your details down"
Anyway, he seemed ok.
Drove to Clarke Quay to pick up his father, and then did the exchange of info, took pictures with my PDA camera, and then went back to the office cos the office people needed a cheque signed urgently.
Well, the accident took out my aunt's car's rear right lights and damaged the bumper. I had another meeting in town and decided to leave the car in the office car park which was underground in case it rained. Took a cab to the meeting instead.
After the meeting, saw the clear weather and decided to go back to the office to pick up the car and drive it home. Anyway, yesterday was when my aunt came back from a 2 week trip to NZ to find out that her car was out of action. =(
Took it to the workshop this morning. I could never believe the paperwork that needs to be done just to try to get the car fixed. In fact, I had to go to 2 workshops.... long story. Just to say that I filled the same form 3 times and made several drawings of the accident before it was satisfactory.
So now, the car's in the workshop, my aunt's without a car. What a couple of days.

1 comment:

Joel said...

yeah car accidents are the pits..