Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Chinese New Year's

It's that time of the year again, where kids and unmarried young people look forward to, and the married adults get ready to give and give..... red packets, of course.
Nowadays, I approach this season with anticipation as well as dread. While it's a chance to get to see everyone again, it's also a time where family relationships gone sour are brought to the fore cos we have to arrange visitations around those people who don't want to see each other.... hai yah.
I try not to get involved in those issues that the generation before me are into, so that I can continue to be a peacemaker... who am I to be so busybody anyway...... but then their personal idiosyncracies make this a stressful season for the rest of us .... what a blissful time it was when I was younger and didn't know and bother with all these things.
Anyway, I'll still try to have a meaningful and good time this year round.
So our plans?
Tonight - Go over to my parents' place for reunion dinner
Tomorrow morning - Go to Mount Vernon to remember my grandparents, then to my parents' place for an early lunch (late breakfast) and back home for lunch with the rest of the family.
2nd day morning - early morning visit to my in-laws
2nd day lunch - Big gathering at my place including the people from YRR
2nd day night - Chance to rest

For those of you expecting a big ang pao from me this year ... sorry. It's not going to be big. Still waiting for God to send more business my way....heh
Watch our for those food that are going to your waist!!

Enjoy your CNY!!

No comments: