Sunday, August 16, 2009

Unusual Sunday morning

Some random musings.
I was woken up at 5am this morning by my wife's phone ringing. While it's not usual for her to get SMSes at night due to automated updates regarding the network and servers at work, it is certainly unusual to get a phone call at 5am in the morning. Calls in the middle of the night are either filled with bad news or a wrong number. Anyway, it was her client calling with an emergency that required her to go down to the client's place urgently. Thankfully this doesn't happen too often.

While I'm up, had to move my van and my aunt's car out of the way so that she could drive her car out. You see, we park our cars in a row in the driveway and if the one car parked inside has to move out, the other cars all have to be moved out of the way onto the road and then moved in again after the one car has moved out.

I had to be in church by 7am for the 8am service as there was a choir from Indonesia singing and I needed to help do sound for them. No point going back to bed and risk oversleeping. So I decided to shower and head out to look for breakfast. So what's open at 6am in the morning.... I thought... hmm Carl's Jr has a nice breakfast burrito I like and it's open 24hrs at Big Splash at East Coast Park. As I drove towards there, I remembered... oh no! It's the army half marathon this morning and the road is closed. Sure enough, there were thousands and thousands of people running there. I'm sure some of my friends were running there.
So I drove round and round and ended up at MacDonald's at Marina Cove which was surprisingly full for that time of the day. Got my Sausage McMuffin breakfast and headed to church.

No comments: