Wednesday, December 21, 2005

6 days to go

Can't believe it's less than a week before we leave for San Francisco. It's been an interesting couple of months counting down to the 27th. It's going to be a week of parties! Tonight, we have a party at home for church friends and some family. On Saturday, a party at my parents' and another party on Christmas night.
As the date draws closer, the realisation that the major change in our lives is upon us. We ponder as we move from a large, comfortable 4000 sft home to 2 100sft rooms in SF. From having 2 maids to do everything from taking care of the kids to cooking, cleaning and washing to having to do everything ourselves. It's going to get some getting used to. I think it will be good for us to learn to take care of ourselves.
Last Sunday, I shared with the church about our ministry and they prayed for and commended us into the ministry.
Please click the link to my newsletter on the right for more info about our ministry for the next 1 1/2 years.

I'll be spending the next couple of days sorting out my company accounts before I go. Boring but necessary work.
My key verse
"12Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. 13Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. "
Phil 3: 12-14 (NIV)

No comments: