Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Matthew's first guitar

My amazing aunt Iris, God bless her, bought Matthew his first mini-sized guitar today at Yamaha Music Plaza. Matthew's taking music lessons on the keyboard at Yamaha Marine Parade, but he has been wanting to play guitar ever since he was inspired by the kid playing guitar on stage in a Hillsong Live DVD. I guess now I'll have to teach him a few chords to start him off.
What was so touching and funny today was that as we were leaving the shop with the guitar today, Matthew was slinging the guitar case on his back. Wish I had taken a picture. The guitar is probably taller than him, but he put his best effort to look "cool" carrying it... haha. What are we starting here?
This coming Sunday, 31st Oct is Matthew's 5th birthday. How quickly time has passed. It was not that long ago that he was what Nathan is now, a helpless 2 month old. The resemblance is uncanny. We have a picture of Matthew at 2 months on our tabletop next to the TV and if you didn't look at the date, you'd think it was of Nathan. Even Matthew thought it was Nathan. God bless them both.
Li Soon's getting ready to go back to work. 2 months already? We are saving the third month for a mission trip or holiday in Dec or early next year. Thank the government for the extra month of maternity leave!!
As for myself, still trying to decide what to do next in life. Had a discussion with Jim T and KL today about media, ministry, full time, part time, training, projects.... lots to think about. Maybe that's why I had a bad headache...heh.
I have bad motion sickness, especially if I sit in the back seat of the car when someone else is driving. Today I sat in 3. I sat in the back with Matthew when we went to the music store while my aunt drove, and I took 2 taxis and 1 MRT ride. Came back with a massive headache that would not go away. Thought I'd take some Panadol to try to make the pain go away. Smart aleck me went for Panadol extra, thinking it was extra strength or something. Well, I couldn't sleep for the longest time after that. I realised that it contained caffeine!! I don't drink coffee and limited tea and Coke, so I am very sensitive to caffeine. Lesson learned. Stick with regular Panadol or Tylenol.
Till next time.... God bless.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol... so that explains y u cant sleep...
hee. for me, i gotta haf the extra.
n maybe like 4 or so to feel d effect. =P

emerald c said...

a helpless 2-month old???
haha what a description.
really joyful that matthew is taking the path of musicianship. may he use it to His glory.
following after the daddy too...u should see him on sundays at KSS, always near the OHP and fascinated by it. next will be mikes and wires i guess huh...
wonder what Nathan's interests will be...

Anonymous said...

so cute! wish i was there to see him too...matthew must be ecstatic..! and wow...he's already a teenager..? must look cool with guitar case..haha! thanks for your prayers too, harry! will be praying for you as well, to "decide what to do next in life" :) take care! glad you feel better already..love, joce